Our remodelled co-investment platform is only open to individuals and corporates who qualify as high net worth or as investment professionals, and to individuals who qualify as being “financially sophisticated” investors. You will be asked to select which type of investor you are when you log in to your online account.
For individual investors:
There are three categories of individual investor that will be able to invest in new loans. We have summarised them below, but you’ll find full descriptions when you log in to your online account.
To be a high-net-worth investor, one or both of the following should apply:
- Your annual income for the last year has been £100,000 or more.
- Not including your home or benefits (including pensions), you own assets worth £250,000 or more.
To be a self-certified sophisticated investor, at least one of the following should apply:
- You are a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months.
- You have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the last two years.
- You are working, or have worked in the last two years, in the private equity sector or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises.
- You are currently, or have been in the last two years, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
To be an investment professional, at least one of the following should apply:
- Your work involves managing, operating or investing in alternative investment funds (AIFs).
- You are a director, officer or employee of such an organisation, acting in your professional capacity, and your work responsibilities involve you investing in AIFs.
For corporate investors:
To be a corporate investor, you should be investing on behalf of a company or institution. A full description of this category is available when you sign in to your online account.
For all investors:
If you don’t fall into any of the above categories, you will be unable to invest in new loans on our platform.
If you don’t know if you qualify to continue investing via our platform, you can contact a member of our customer services team who can help you. Please note that our Investor Relations team is not able to help you to confirm your eligibility, but they can guide you on where to go to understand more about the qualification process.